Jack Miller is Founder and Principal Consultant, Biobased Markets, a unit of Market-Intell LLC. Jack founded Market-Intell in 2005 after more than 25 years in sales and marketing in the paper and packaging industry. Since 2009, his focus has been on markets for value-added bio-based materials and in 2018 he rebranded Market-Intell as Biobased Markets.
He is a member of the Advisory Board of Sweetwater Energy, a biorefinery company, and is also a member of the Advisory Board of Applied Bioplastics, a supplier of plant based plastic alternatives. Jack served as Business Development Consultant with CelluForce, Inc., from 2011 to 2013, and was Consulting Manager, Global Nanocellulose Sales, American Process, Inc. (now GranBio), in 2014 and 2015.
Jack is the author of:
· Lignin 2021: A Pivotal Year, published by BioFuels Digest in March 2021
· Nanocellulose: Packaging Applications and Markets published by RISI in 2019
· Nanocellulose Challenges and Opportunities: End User Perspectives, published by TAPPI in 2018
· Lignin: Technology, Applications, and Markets published by RISI in 2017
· Nanocellulose Producers, Products and Applications, A Guide for End Users, published by TAPPI in 2017
· Nanocellulose: Technology, Applications and Markets, published by RISI in 2014.
He has also presented on cellulose nanomaterials and lignin at webinars and conferences in the United States, Canada, Europe, South America, and Asia, as well as at conferences on packaging, specialty papers, composites, nonwovens, adhesives, textiles, and other nanomaterial applications.
From 2005 to 2009, Jack was Senior Consultant, North America with Pira International (now Smithers). While at Pira, he authored Functional and Barrier Coatings for Paper and Board: North America, and led the Renewable Packaging Materials Network with companies such as Nature Works, P&G, Kraft, and DuPont. While with Pira he also authored or co-authored several major market studies for PRIMIR, including Sustainable Print in a Dynamic Global Market: What Going Green Means; Global Trends in Printing and Writing Papers; and Evolution of General Commercial Print.
Previously, he held management positions in sales and marketing with Domtar, Continental Forest Industries, and Stone Container.
He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from The College of the Holy Cross and has done graduate studies in Statistics and Finance.